Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Low Fat Flourless Chocolate Cake


It's starting to get warmer. We all know what this means...swim suit season! Eek!!! Are you ready? I'm working really hard to make sure that I'm ready. Haha

I've been going to the gym a lot recently. I want to look even better in that bikini than I did last year. To help this, I have been trying really hard to eat really healthy. My problem is that I LOVE chocolate. I was craving chocolate cake the other night but didn't want to make anything too big. My husband doesn't eat sweets (Its one of our mysteries in our marriage) and I'm not about to eat a cake by myself. To make matters worse, I just got home from the gym and didn't want to undo what I just did.


So how did I solve my problem? I made a low fat flourless chocolate cake. The only fat is found in the cocoa powder and yogurt. The serving size is small but the flavor is rich! Most of us already have these ingredients in our fridge already. This recipe doesn't use anything fancy or weird.

I have pictures where I topped the cake off with powdered sugar or caramel. Either one is fine or just eat the cake out of the ramekin. No matter what, enjoy dessert and then go back to the gym later!

Enjoy and best of luck getting ready for the season. I'm working hard right alongside you!


Ingredients:
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 egg white slightly beaten
6 oz vanilla yogurt
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract



  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Spray 2 small ramekins (I used 3 inch by 1 ½ inch ramekins from the company Williams and Sonoma) with cooking spray.
  3. Whisk the cocoa, sugar, salt, and baking soda together.
  4. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
  5. Pour equal amounts into each ramekin.
  6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the center is done. The center of the cake should be slightly jiggly—like a cheesecake.
  7. Cool for a few minutes. Top with whipped cream, powdered sugar, or some caramel sauce.
  8. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment