Sunday, February 2, 2014

Pizza Dip


Happy Superbowl Sunday, Folks!!!!

I love the Superbowl.  It's such a great excuse to eat lots of food and hang out with friends. Who are you rooting for?  Personally, I want the Broncos to win since I'm a fan of Peyton Manning.

Today's recipe is one of my favorites.  When I first went on Pinterest, I found Pizza Dips everywhere and have tried quite a few.  Everyone has their own version, and this is certainly mine.  It combines some of my absolute favorite flavors!  Hope you like it!



Pizza Dip Recipe


Ingredients:
4oz softened cream cheese
½ cup sour cream
½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 tablespoon of Pesto Sauce (optional)

Dash of salt and pepper

½ cup Parmesan cheese

¼-1/3 cup of tomato sauce

6-8 oz of mozzarella cheese
Pizza Toppings

Pie Pan

Instructions:
1.)    Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.  You can always use a microwave as well to heat up the dip so if you are, do not preheat the oven.
2.)    Mix the first 6 ingredients together.
3.)    Evenly spread into a pie pan.
4.)    Top with pizza sauce.   Since I don't want to mix cream cheese mixture with the sauce, I put small spoonsfuls of the sauce and then, using a knife, I carefully smooth the top.
5.)    Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and any pizza toppings.
6.)    Place into an oven for 350 degrees for  10-15 minutes.  If using a microwave, place and heat for 5-10 minutes depending on the strength of your microwave.  The dip should be hot and bubbly.

Serve with bread.

Enjoy!  






No comments:

Post a Comment