Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentine's Day Cupcakes


 


Happy Valentine's Day!  (I know it's early.  It's okay! :))   I LOVE Valentine's Day!!! The colors, the flowers, the chocolate, the romance—I love it all! And what's even better, is that my husband proposed to me on Valentine's Day, so every year, he and I reminisce about that special day.
Since Valentine's Day is coming up, I wanted to celebrate with a cupcake. This cupcake has some of my favorite flavors. It starts off with a lovely red velvet cupcake. Then, I fill it with a marshmallaw raspberry filling. It gets topped off with a lovely light red frosting. This cupcake screams Valentine's Day which I absolutely adore!


Let's get started.

It all starts off with a lovely red velvet cupcake.

Step 1: Bake Red Velvet Cupcakes (I used a mix)

Now, comes the lovely filling.

Step 2: Make the filling

Ingredients:
¼ cup raspberry jam
1 teaspoon of warm water
¾ cup Marshmallow Fluff

Instructions:
Step 1: Whisk the jam with the water to remove any clumps.
Step 2: Carefully, fold the marshmallow fluff with the jam. If the fluff is too stiff, just warm in a microwave for a few seconds.
Step 3: Once well mixed, place into a pipping bag.


Step 3: Cut a hole in each cupcake.

Step 4: Fill each cupcake with the filling.

 
Step 5: Make the frosting

Valentine's Day Frosting
1 stick of butter
4 oz. cream cheese
2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream
3-4 cups powdered sugar

Step 1: Whip the butter for several minutes. The butter should be light and airy.
Step 2: Add the cream cheese and whip for a couple more minutes.
Step 3: Add the vanilla extract and whip for another min.
Step 4: Start adding the powdered sugar—one cup at a time. Keep adding the powdered sugar and whip until you get the consistency that you want. Add the cream if the frosting gets too stiff.
Step 5: Carefully add the red food coloring. Whip until you get the right color. I wanted red, so my frosting took several drops.

Step 6: Frost each cupcake. Decorate with sprinkles if desired.

Step 7: Eat and enjoy!



*Cooks Note: The filling and frosting is enough to fill and frost 12 cupcakes.*

No comments:

Post a Comment