Sunday, March 23, 2014

Caramelized Onion Bacon and Cheddar Dip


I have to admit that I have a new favorite dip. This tastes amazing and is the perfect blend. You have the sweet onions, salty bacon, sharpness of the cheese and creaminess of the sour cream. It is perfection! I took this to a party and all my friends loved this dish!

The part that requires the most patience is the onions. When I made the onions, I watched a movie and checked on them periodically as they cooked on the stove. By the time the movie was done, so were the onions.


I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Enjoy! :)


Ingredients for Caramelized Onions:
-2 pounds caramelized onions (thinly sliced)
-2 tablespoons butter
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper

There are two ways of cooking this—stove top or slow cooker

                                                    

Slow Cooker:
-Place everything into the slow cooker
-Turn on high and cook for 8-10 hours until the onions are dark and brown and caramelized.

Stove Top:
-Turn the heat on low high heat.
-Stir together all the ingredients. Stir occasionally.
-Takes about 2-3 hours.



Ingredients for the dip:
-1 ½ cups caramelized onions
-12 slices of bacon chopped
-6 oz of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-24 oz of sour cream
-2 green onions thinly sliced (for the garnish)


(Aren't the onions beautiful?)

Instructions:
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Taste for seasoning.
Refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve with chips!




No comments:

Post a Comment