Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Whiskey Brownie Pie with Caramel Frosting





 Sometimes you just want something sweet...

I was running errands on Saturday. There are just things that you have to get done. By the time I came home, all I was craving was a glass of wine, a movie, and something really sweet. But, the wine and movie became higher priorities...

Half way through the very slow and slightly boring movie, I was craving something sweet and decided to whip something up. I wanted a dessert that would go well with wine and I didn't want to leave the apartment to buy anything.

This is what I came up with...
-a graham cracker shell
-brownie base
-caramel frosting
-with a chocolate drizzle.

Some booze is thrown in for good measure.

Can you say yes? This tastes amazing. (I know I say that about everything I write up but I can't help it. I only post recipes that I love.)

Enjoy!




Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Step 2: Make the shell

Ingredients:
8 graham crackers
5 tablespoons of melted butter

Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
Crush the graham crackers very finely.
Mix with the butter.
Place into a pie pan.
Bake for 7 minutes.

Step 3: Make the brownie base

Ingredients:
-7 tablespoons of melted butter
-1/2 cup of cocoa
-1 ½ cups of granulated sugar
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-3 eggs slightly beaten
-1 cup of flour
-1/4 cup of Irish whiskey

Using a whisk, combine the sugar and cocoa.
Mix in the butter and eggs.
Fold in the flour and salt.
Add in the whiskey.
Place into the shell.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife can go through the base without much residue.



Step 4: Make the frosting

2/3 cup of caramels (unwrapped)
¼ cup of half and half
1 cup of powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of whiskey

Combine the caramels and half & half together.
Melt them over low heat.
Once fully melted, whisk in the powdered sugar and whiskey.
Pour over the brownie base.

Step 5: Melt the drizzle
¼ cup of dark chocolate chunks
1 teaspoon of oil
Combine the ingredients together.
Melt in the microwave or over low heat on a stove.
Once melted, drizzle over the pie.

Enjoy this beauty. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment